This Kara Corridan blog at parents.com reveals how important it is–and how hard it can be–to keep your own reactions in check long enough to see the world through the eyes of your child.
Permanent link to this article: http://sexandsensibility.net/2012/08/04/forget/
Debbie was quoted in the National Register of Canada in this article, "Ontario's new sex ed covers homosexuality, masturbation - and consent. Not everyone's saying 'yes.'" By Sarah Boesveld, February 20, 2015. Go here for full article.
Debbie published "Fifty Shades of Blush: Why Is It So Hard to Talk to Kids About Sex?" on Huffington Post's Parenting Blog, February 20, 2015. Go Here for full article.
Debbie was named to Time Magazine's Top 16 Parenting Experts for the 21st Century: "16 Parenting Experts Worth Listening To." May 28, 2014.
“How To Provide Effective Sexuality Education When You Don't Have All the Answers,” by Steph Auteri. Debbie contributes extensively to the May 2014 newsletter of Contemporary Sexuality from AASECT.
Debbie's letter to the editor responding to a recent news analysis in The New York Times was published in the Times (April 7, 2014). Letter here. See the original article, "Does Porn Hurt Children?" here.
Debbie was recommended in the Boston Globe (Barbara Meltz, December 31, 2013), in the same article with two other Perseus authors, including Dr David Elkind.
Debbie was interviewed on the SiriusXM Doctor Radio show Sexual Health: Talking about The Birds and The Bees to your child, January 31, 2014. Rebroadcast Sat 2/1 12:00 am ET; Sat 2/1 10:00 pm ET.
- March 2, 2015 7:00 pmRight From the Start: Talking to Your Young Child about Sexuality, Park School of Baltimore
- March 4, 2015 8:00 amRaising Sexually Healthy Children, National Cathedral School, DC
- March 5, 2015Student and Parent Presentations, St. Andrew\'s School, Bethesda, MD
- March 10, 2015 7:00 pmRaising Sexually Healthy Children, Cabin John MIddle School, Bethesda, MA
- March 12, 2015Eighth Grade Sexuality Seminar, Flint Hill School, Oakton, VA
- March 16, 2015 7:00 pmRaising Sexuality Healthy Children, St. Matthews School, Pacific Palasades, CA Angeles, CA
- Deborah on Atlantic article: Why We Keep Getting Pregnant Accidentally
- Patti Flowers-Coulson on Atlantic article: Why We Keep Getting Pregnant Accidentally
- Loading tweets...