This Kara Corridan blog at parents.com reveals how important it is–and how hard it can be–to keep your own reactions in check long enough to see the world through the eyes of your child.
Permanent link to this article: http://sexandsensibility.net/2012/08/04/forget/
Debbie is among the writers responding in the New York Times to Jonathan Zimmerman's article, "The World's Problem with Sex Ed." Her letter was published March 16, 2015, here.
Debbie was quoted in the National Register of Canada in this article, "Ontario's new sex ed covers homosexuality, masturbation - and consent. Not everyone's saying 'yes.'" By Sarah Boesveld, February 20, 2015. Go here for full article.
Debbie published "Fifty Shades of Blush: Why Is It So Hard to Talk to Kids About Sex?" on Huffington Post's Parenting Blog, February 20, 2015. Go Here for full article.
Debbie was named to Time Magazine's Top 16 Parenting Experts for the 21st Century: "16 Parenting Experts Worth Listening To." May 28, 2014.
“How To Provide Effective Sexuality Education When You Don't Have All the Answers,” by Steph Auteri. Debbie contributes extensively to the May 2014 newsletter of Contemporary Sexuality from AASECT.
Debbie's letter to the editor responding to a recent news analysis in The New York Times was published in the Times (April 7, 2014). Letter here. See the original article, "Does Porn Hurt Children?" here.
Debbie was recommended in the Boston Globe (Barbara Meltz, December 31, 2013), in the same article with two other Perseus authors, including Dr David Elkind.
- October 7, 2015 6:30 pm10th Grade Parenting Workshop, Park School
- October 8, 2015 6:00 pmRaising Sexually Healthy Children, Minnetonka School District, Minneapolis MN
- October 23, 2015 7:00 pm"Talk To Me First" Book Signing, Catonsville Library
- October 27, 2015 7:00 pmRaising Sexually Healthy Children, McLaean School, Potomac MD
- October 29, 2015 6:30 pmSixth and Seventh Grade Parenting Workshop, Park School
- November 4, 2015Kindergarten Parenting Workshop, Park School
- Loading tweets...